Visitors to Iran must obtain a visa from one of the Iranian diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries or countries eligible for a visa on arrival. There are about 80 countries wherein their citizens can obtain a visa on arrival.
Note that all visitors must hold a passport valid for at least 6 months. Most importantly is that those with dual citizenship, citizens of both Iran and another country, must have an Iranian passport. This includes anyone whose father or husband is Iranian and not a visa. Please note that British, Canadian and American citizens are permitted to travel to Iran only through the official government approved escorted tours. It means they can’t travel individually inside Iran. This is an exception to Iranian visa policy.
• Iran Visa Authorization Code (to smooth and facilitate your progress)
• Filled in visa application form
• Passport or travel document which is valid for at least 6 months
• 2 recent personal photos (size: 3×4 cm)
• Visa fee to be paid directly to bank at airport
• Iran travel insurance (can be purchased 24/7 at Iran international airports)
• Interview (if requested)